My last National Day cookie was on Singapore 46th Birthday and this year, I will be making a much simpler cookie.
It's Singapore 50th Birthday and we can see the SG50 logo almost everywhere.
So here I have today with a SG50 homemade cookie to join in this joyous celebration.
Needless to say, the kids had requested for about 100 of these SG50 cookies to bring to school for the classmates and teachers.
Happy 50th Birthday, Singapore!
(yields about 20 5-cm round cookies)
80g unsalted butter
40g icing sugar
Pinch of salt
165g plain flour
Ready white icing
1. Cream the soft butter, add in the icing sugar and salt, beat until light and fluffy.
2. Add in the egg and mix until well combined.
3. Add in the sieved flour, mix well to get a dough.
4. Add in a few drops of red coloring into the dough. Mix well.
5. Roll out the dough to about 3-mm thick, using a 5-cm round cookie cutter to cut out the shape. Place the dough on a lined baking tray.
6. Bake the cookies at 150°C for about 10~12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool completely on the wire rack.
7. Once the cookies are cooled, use the ready icing to pipe the "SG50".
Do link back to MiMi Bakery House if you have used any information as published in this blog.