Earl Grey never failed to tempt me in any bakes so far.
This time, I had received an unexpected gift from my colleague, a TWG French Earl Grey Tea Leaves.
These tea had a very fresh, sweet & minty aroma. I was mesmerized by the aroma...
So since this colleague of mine enjoyed my bakes, I had decided to make him a chiffon cake, using this tea.
This time round, I was a little more carefully.
I did not want to infuse my chiffon cake with too much earl grey tea. Using these TWG Earl Grey Tea, I had used 2 teaspoon of tea leaves to brew the tea and I had used the normal earl grey tea bag, half a bag of the tea residue to be added inside the chiffon cake.
I was amazed with these tea as they had the blue little flowers in them as well.
This French Earl Grey Chiffon was absolutely divine.
We loved it so much!!!
With its mild earl grey fragrant, so soft & moist, and my girls liked them in the mini chiffon size.
♡ TWG French Earl Grey Chiffon Cake ♡
Inspired from Okashi by Keiko Ishida
(good for 20-cm chiffon tube pan)
80g top flour
5 egg yolks
70g earl grey tea (brewed)
60g canola oil
1/2 bag of earl grey tea residue
5 egg whites
10g corn flour
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the egg yolks and sugar, mix well. Add in the earl grey tea & oil and blend together. Add in the sieved flour and mix until you get a smooth batter. Set aside.
2. In another clean mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until foamy, add in the corn flour and gradually add in the sugar. Beat until stiff peaks.
3. Add 1/3 of the egg meringue to the egg yolk batter, fold in gently, then add the remaining meringue and fold to blend completely.
4. Pour the batter into an ungreased 20-cm chiffon tube pan and gently knock the pan a few times.
5. Bake in a preheated oven of 160C for about 40-50 minutes. Remove from the oven and invert the pan oven. Cool the cake completely before removing it from the pan.
This chiffon cake recipe is NOT suitable for rice cooker chiffon.
I have made a 7-egg chiffon recipe and bake into 1 x 17-cm pan, 5 x 3-cm pan and 1 x 15-cm paper mould.
Do link back to MiMi Bakery House if you have used any information as published in this blog.