It is really interesting to use a rice cooker to bake cakes. And even so, I also found out that I can even make tarte now.
How amazing are these rice cookers?
This tarte turned out as excellent as those we would have gotten from the oven.
It had also given this tarte a very soft texture as it should.
This is my new book I had bought from the Popular Bookshop in Johor Bahru.
It has plenty of nice recipes as my previous Rice Cooker Book, except that this one has tarte recipes and using waffle mix to make these recipes.
This is the waffle mix dough for the tarte base.
1. Roll out into a round shape, slightly bigger than your rice cooker base.
2. Place the rolled dough into the rice cooker and pinch a little dough to the side of the pot, about 2-cm high.
3. Select "CAKE" and cook for about 10-15 minutes.
4. Remove from the cooker and let it cool completely.
So here is my cooked Peach Almond Tarte...dusted with icing sugar and sprinkled with toasted almond flakes.
Say, how do you like this tarte?
Ready to have a slice of this Peach Almond Tarte???
Recipe as adapted from 电子锅派塔蛋糕 by 饭田顺子
Peach Almond Tarte
**Recipe is meant for a 5-cup rice cooker. If you are a 10-cup rice cooker like mine, you should double up the recipe.
100g waffle mix
20g caster sugar
30g cold butter, cut into cubes
2 tbsp milk
1. Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl, put in the cold butter, and using your fingers tips to rub the butter to get crumb-like texture.
2. Add in the milk and stir to get a dough.
3. Wrap the dough in a cling wrap and freeze it for about 20 minutes.
4. Once ready, rolled out the dough into a slightly bigger round shape to fit into the cooker pot. (see my pictures above)
30g butter, soften
30g caster sugar
25g almond powder
5g waffle mix
1 tsp rum
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
3 peaches, halved
some toasted almond flakes
icing sugar for dusting
1. Put the butter in a bowl, cream it. Pour in the sugar until well combined.
2. Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix until well blended.
3. Put the filling into the cooled tarte base, place the peach on top of the filling, and select "CAKE" and cook the tarte, roughly about 40 minutes for the 1st cycle. (I had cooked for another 15 minutes on the 2nd cycle)
4. Once cooked, remove the pot from the cooker and let it cool completely before removing the tarte from the pot.
5. Dust the tarte with the icing sugar and sprinkle with toasted almonds. Serve warm.