I never fancied Fruit Cake at all...
And I hated those mixed fruits inside the cake, and I find them awfully too sweet for me. It's rather dreadful for me to receive a Christmas Fruit Cake too... Anyone just like me???
However, I decided to take the challenge and baked my own Christmas Fruit Cake this year.
I had bought these mixed fruits from Phoon Huat and 1-kg of the mixed fruits was affordable and reasonable, which cost me about $7.00-$8.00. I had soaked these mixed fruits in a bowl of rum for at least about 1 hour or more, to allow the mixed fruits to be immersed with the rum.
With all the simple ingredients, this fruit cake was prepared very quickly and easily, and it was sent off to the oven to bake for about 40-50 minutes.
While it was baking, I could smell the aroma of the fruit cake. It smelt so fragrant and it started to make me drool for a slice of the fruit cake...
And this fruit cake didn't disappoint me at all. I was so surprised. It was so delicious that I couldn't helped myself, 1 piece after another...
It was very soft & moist, and most importantly, it wasn't too sweet... This would be my kind of fruit cake!
The fruit cake tasted even better after few days later, with all the rum immersed into the cake.
If you liked to keep the cake, simply cling wrapped it tightly and stored it well in the refrigerator.
▪Christmas Fruit Cake▪
125g salted butter
70g light brown sugar
1 tbsp honey
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
110g top flour
25g almond powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
250g mixed fruits soaked in rum
1. Cream butter, sugar and honey on medium high speed until light and fluffy.
2. Add in the egg, one at a time, until well combined.
3. Add in the vanilla essence.
4. Using low speed, add in the sieved flour, baking powder, almond powder and cinnamon powder until well blended.
4. Fold in the mixed fruits.
5. Pour batter into a 8 x 3 inch cake pan and lined with baking paper and baked in a preheated oven of 160°C for about 20 minutes and 150°C for the remaining 25 minutes.
Do link back to MiMi Bakery House if you have used any information as published in this blog.