I have always wanted t bake a Sugee Cake but I always failed to do so... Reason being that my sugee flour would be expired by the time I decided to bake one, or not, if I wanted to bake one, I do not have any sugee flour...
To my surprise, this Sugee Cupcakes were a delish and they were so soft and fluffy!!!
The texture was utterly cottony soft, the girls and myself loved it very much. But you might find a little coarse bit texture of the sugee (semolina), otherwise, everything about this Sugee Cupcakes were fantastic!
So next one will be Sugee Cookies, love the crunchiness of the Sugee Cookies I used to buy from the Indian shops.....
Keep track if you are keen :)
Rum Sugee Cupcakes
(Recipe as adapted from 巧思妙点 )
(Yields about 6 regular-sized cupcakes)
90g butter, soften
65g caster sugar
1/2 tbsp rum (1 tbsp if you liked more, or you can omit)
60g sugee flour
46g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1. Cream the butter and sugar until light & fluffy. Add in the rum and mix well.
2. Add in 1 egg at a time, and beat well in each addition.
3. Add in the sieved flour, baking powder and sugee flour and mix well.
4. Pour the batter equally into 6 paper cupcake cases.
5. Bake in a preheated oven of 175C for about 20 minutes. Remove and leave to cool.