"สวัสดี ค่ะ" (Sawadee ka)
I felt that I am in Bangkok, enjoying a plate of Sticky Rice with Mango.
Whenever I travelled to Bangkok, these Sticky Rice with Mango were NEVER a "missed" to-eat-list. I could eat them daily while I'm there. I simply adored these sweet treats.
I had always felt that it was a tedious procedure to make these until today...
It was just an awfully easy process... Silly me...
Now, here I am...staring at my plate of dessert while taking these pictures...I just cannot wait to set my hands on them...
Alright....I shall stop here, I just gotta eat them NOW...
Hubby & I had 1 portion each...I did not want to share a portion with him... :p
▪Pandan Sticky Rice with Mango▪
Recipe as adapted & modified from "In Love with Pandan" by Ricky Ng
Yield 2 portions
100 g glutinous rice
1 piece pandan leave, knotted
75 ml thick coconut milk
10 g caster sugar (optional)
Pinch of salt
1/4 tsp pandan paste
1 ripe mango, cut into slices
toasted white sesame seeds
1. Soak glutinous rice for 8 hours or overnight.
2. Spread evenly the glutinous rice & pandan leave in a lined tray, steam over high heat for about 20 minutes.
3. In a saucepan, heat up the coconut milk, salt & sugar over low heat. Keep stirring until the sugar is completely dissolved. Divide the mixture into 25-ml & 50-ml.
4. Put the steamed glutinous rice in a bowl, add 50-ml of the coconut mixture and pandan paste. Mix well until the coconut is absorbed. Allow to cool.
5. Serve the glutinous rice with sliced mango. Arrange the mango slices and drizzle some coconut mixture over the rice. Sprinkle some toasted sesame seed.
Do link back to MiMi Bakery House if you have used any information as published in this blog.