Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Feeling lemony... Lemon Cupcakes

Are you feeling lemony like me too? In fact, I am enjoying trying out my new recipes from my new books. And I realised that I do have a lot of books bought from the last Popular Fair in JB & the recent 8 books that I had gotten as well. And adding "The Cake Book" by Tish Boyle was one of them as well... Yipee!!!!@♥♥♥
This recipe is from "Easy Bake 女生都
喜欢的可爱甜点by梁家榕。
I love her recipes so far!!! As her recipes are in a fairly reasonable amount and a "just nice" portion. Most importantly, her recipes had been failed-proof and the bakes wrte delicious... 
These lemon cupcakes had a very soft texture. For those of you who like them more sourish, you might wanna add more lemon juice and lemon zest for a stronger lemon taste.
I love these lemon cupcakes. 
♡They were awesome♡.
Ingredients:
100g butter
80g sugar
2 eggs
100g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp lemon juice (i used 1 tbsp)
1 lemon zest (i used green lemon)

Lemon syrup
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp sugar
Boil the lemon juice & sugar in a small pan, using low fire until sugar had melted.

Method:
1. Cream butter & sugar until soft & creamy. Add in the egg one at a time, beat well until well combined.
2. Add in the sieved flour+baking powder, mix until well blended.
3. Add in the lemon juice and lemon zest. Mix well.
4. Bake in a preheated oven of 180C for about 30-45mins or untill golden brown.
5. Brush the lemon syrup on the cupcakes.

4 comments:

  1. Love these lemony cupcakes with lemon syrup! Looks so fluffy & soft ! YUM :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My!

    These look crumptious and TemPTing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't try on something with pouring lemon syrup. Shall try one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. joyce also has the Cake Book by tish boyle. she said it's good!

    ReplyDelete

May Mimi Bakery House bring some fun & joy to everyone out there, who are as keen in baking as I am.