Saturday, January 19, 2013

Green Apple Cupcakes ○ So soft & crumbly ○

Another great bake from "Easy Bake! By 梁家榕"

I had been wanting to try this recipe for a while but I hadn't had any green apples in my fridge till today...:-p

As usual, a no-fuss recipe, yeilds about 3 standard size ramekins.
Instead of using plain flour with baking powder, I had replaced it with self-raising flour. 
I might reduced the sugar in future as I think it is a little sweet for me. 
A soft and crumbly Green Apple Cupcake is waiting for you.
I had sprinkled some cinnamon powder on top and it gave the cupcakes a very great fragrance...
Inside the cupcakes were filled with rum-soak diced apples.
And if could see the soft texture of these Green Apple Cupcakes.
Vivian, this is another recipe that you might like too:-) 
Recipe as adapted from Easy Bake! By 梁家榕

Ingredients:
(A)
1/2 Green Apple, diced
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp rum
Diced the green apples into cubes, add in the sugar and the rum. Using low heat, simmer the apples until soft. Set aside for later use.

(B)
1/2 Green Apple
Cut the apples into slices. Set aside for the topping of the cupcakes.

(C)
75g butter, softened
60g sugar (I used 50g)
1 egg
100g plain flour
(I used self-raising and omitted baking powder)
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp vanilla essence ( I used 1/2 tsp)
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp milk
some  cinnamon powder (optional)

Cream butter & sugar until white & creamy. Add in the egg and beat until well combined.
Add in the sieved flour, mix until well blended. Add in the vanilla essence, lemon juice & milk. Mix well.
Coat the ramekins with butter & dust with some icing sugar. Knock out the ecvess sugar.
Scoop 1/3 of the batter into each ramekins. Filled them with the diced apples and topped the remaining batter to about 80% filled. Dust with some cinnamon powder on top.
Bake in a preheated oven of 180C for abt 35-40 mins.
Remove from oven to cool. Remove from ramekins and best to serve warm.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Charmaine,
    I like apples in cakes.
    Your apple cake certainly looks moist and nice!
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I like apple in my cake. Another great recipe from you. Got to find Rum and find out how it taste. Haven't try any Rum in my bakes :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cake certainly looks very moist and delicious! Is this book in Chinese only, I thought I've seen it at Popular but am not sure! How I wish they have bi-lingual for this book and lots of other Chinese books too (especially the books by Carol)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi mui, oh yes! These apple cupcakes are good.. you shld try it too.

    Hi Vivian, im sure you will like this recipe tooo...quick, get yr rum soon:)

    Joyce, I think not too sure if Popular hv this thou. Yeah I knw wat u mean. Sometimes i see stars when im reading those in deeper chinese explanations...:-p

    ReplyDelete

May Mimi Bakery House bring some fun & joy to everyone out there, who are as keen in baking as I am.