It had been quite awhile since my last post.
Haven't been feeling too well and not too much of a mood to post up any new bakes attempted.
I had baked a New York Cheesecake last night.
This cheesecake, unlike the usual New York Cheesecake that we usually had, had an extremely light cheese flavour. It would seemed to me more like a Japanese Cheesecake. With its very light and soft texture of the cheesecake. In fact, this cheesecake would be more suitable for non-cheese lovers as it really wasn't that cheesy.
So, if you think you might like this light New York Cheesecake, you should give it a try.
I personally preferred mine a little more cheesy with a more softer texture. :-p
150g digestive biscuits, crushed
75g melted butter
Mix the ingredients together, mixed well. Press tje mixture into a 5" round removable mould. Set it aside in the refrigerator while preparing for the cheese filling.
250g cream cheese, soften at room temperature
15g corn flour, sifted
10ml lemon juice
1. Beat cream cheese and sugar until pale and smooth.
2. Add in 1 egg at a time and mix well after each addition.
3. Add in the corn flour and mix well. Gradually add in the lemon juice and milk, mix well.
4. Pour the cheese mixture into your prepared mould and water-baked in a preheated oven of 160°C for about 45 minutes and bring down the temperature to 150°C for another 15 minutes.
5. Once cheesecake is baked, leave it to cool in the oven for about 15~30 minutes before removing it out. Cool it in the room temperature for another 30mins and let it set chill in the fridge for another 4 hours.