Wednesday, February 19, 2014

♢Banana and Coconut Fritters - Gordon Ramsay♢

This is what happens when you have a lot of ripen bananas at home.
There I go looking for new banana recipes and yeah, this one is probably one of my favourite too.


This recipe is taken from Gordon Ramsay, Ultimate Home Cooking.
 One of my new book to my collection.


This recipe probably will not be something new to most of us as for Asia countries, we do have the goreng pisang and a kueh kueh similar to this. So long as you are a banana lover, you will ♡ these too.
Hubby was rather skeptical about trying these fritters. He said it simply looked like the usual banana cakes I baked... 

Was he wrong....???

I think he was.... :-D

He ♡  them.
But these fritters were best eaten warm and if you liked it a little sweet, you can also sprinkled some sugar on them, otherwise you can omit it.
They were crispy and had a kueh kueh, cake-like texture. 
Well....I was supposed to use 4 bananas but hubby ate 1 the night before my "banana" project. So the fritters should taste even better as compared to my 3 bananas-ratio... :-p


Recipe as adapted from Ultimate Home Cooking, Gordon Ramsay

Banana and Coconut Fritters

125g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
75g caster sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
25g dessicated coconut
Finely grated zest of 1 lime
pinch of salt
4 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed (about 400g flesh in total)

1. Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Stir in sugar, coconut, lime zest and salt. Stir in the mashed bananas into the dry ingredients, mixing until well combined. Cover the batter with cling film and chill for 15 mins.
2. Fill a large saucepan 1/3 full of oil and heat till 180°C, or a cube of bread dropped into the sizzling oil and turned golden within 30 seconds.
3. Using a tablespoon, carefully drop 4-5 spoons of batter into the hot oil and fry for about 2-3 mins, until golden brown on both sides.
4. Lift out with a slotted spoon and drain them on a paper hand towel, repeat with the rest. Serve hot and sprinkle a little sugar.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Charmaine,
    This fritter looks so yum!!
    My bet my kids will love this very much:)
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look tasty to me for sure! Hahaha, such things like suddenly someone eating your banana just a day before our banana bake day always happen doesn't it! The last person who did this to me was my dad who was visiting! Men.... Hahaha

    ReplyDelete

May Mimi Bakery House bring some fun & joy to everyone out there, who are as keen in baking as I am.