I hadn't been baking since mid-January.
I had been indulging in my Chinese New Year feasts and cookies...and probably because of these...I seemed to have put on a little weight... Do you?????
Today, I am trying a new banana cupcake recipe. But because of the heavily stocked up of canola oil, I decided to replace the butter to canola oil...which apparently will make these cupcakes a little more healthy than usual... :-p
I think I was too engrossed with some stuff and I had totally forgotten about my cuppies baking in the oven... So ended up, these cuppies were a little burnt on the top n bottom.... :((
Nevertheless, I was glad that the banana cupcakes texture were excellent. Soft enough and with the aroma of the bananas.
Luckily my girls liked them and so off the cuppies were packed up for school as snack.
For the endless number of banana cupcakes/cakes that I had attempted....
(I use self raising flour and omitted baking powder)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
120g butter (replaced by 120ml canola oil)
2 eggs, at room temperature
2 large bananas
60ml warm milk
1. Sift flour, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
2. Peel and mash the bananas.
3. Add baking powder to warm milk and mix well.
4. In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar with an electric beater until creamy. Add one egg at a time.
5. Add half of the flour and milk at a time to the egg mixture. Mix well after each addition. Repeat once. Stir in the mashed bananas.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared cupcake cases and bake in a preheated oven at 190°C for about 25 mins +/-.