Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Butterless Zebra Cake

Do you know what I have here???


Yes, you are right!

A Zebra Cake... Does it look zebra-ty enough???


But this Zebra Cake was also butterless...No butter was being used in this cake recipe. Instead, yogurt & oil were some of the ingredients.

I chanced upon this recipe while looking for a perfect Zebra Cake, and I thought this recipe was interesting. It used a yogurt pot to do the measurements of the flour, sugar and oil. 

Pretty cool wasn't it???


The cake had a very nice cake fragrant...and I was excited about the whole cake, the texture and my zebra patterns....

I had cut down some sugar level, but I think it was still a little sweet for me... Cake texture wise, could be a little dry but overall of the cake was rather alright. So if you like to try this butterless cake, you might wished to try it??? And perhaps you should cut down on the sugar too... :D


So how did I fair with my Zebra patterns???


☆ Butter-less Zebra Cake ☆
Recipe adapted from Elena, Chilly Frosting




Ingredients(材料)
(with slight modifications 略有修改 

1 3/4 pot caster sugar (I used 175g instead of 200g)
1四分之三锅砂糖(我用175克,而不是200克)
2 eggs 鸡蛋 2个 
1 pot low fat yogurt 1低脂酸奶 (120g)
1/2 pot canola oil 菜油(70g)
3 pots of plain flour 普通面粉 (225g)
4 tsp baking powder 4茶匙发酵粉
1 tsp of extra dark cocoa powder 1茶匙深色可可粉



Method:

1. Grease & floured a 7-inch round cake pan.
2. Whisk eggs & sugar in your mixing bowl on high speed until you get a thick pale yellow batter.
3. Turn to low speed, gradually add in the yogurt. Pour in the oil in a thin stream.
4. Add in the sieved flour & baking powder and mix until well combined.
5. Divide the batter into 2 portion : 1 portion=original batter, 1 portion=original batter mixed with cocoa powder. 
6. Using a tablespoon, pour 2 tbsp of the original batter in the center of the pan, followed by another 2 tbsp of the cocoa batter. Alternate the batter and continue until the batter are used up. Give the pan a few knuckles.
7. Bake in a preheated oven of 160C for about 30-35 minutes. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes and then let it cool on a wire rack before serving.

方法:

1,抹一层黄油和面粉在一个7寸的圆饼锅。
2,打蛋器鸡蛋与糖在搅拌碗上高速,直到你得到一个厚厚的浅黄色的面糊。
3,转到低速,在酸奶逐渐增加。倒入油的细流。
4,添加在过筛面粉及泡打粉,搅拌直到充分混合。
5,划分面糊分为2部分:1部分=原味,1份=原面糊与可可粉混合。
6,用一汤匙,倒入2汤匙在锅里中心原面糊,紧接着又是2汤匙可可面糊。继续下去,直到面糊都用完了。给潘几个关节。
7,放入焗160℃,约30-35分钟预热烤箱。让蛋糕在锅里冷却约10分钟,然后取出,冷却在电线架。



Do link back to MiMi Bakery House if you have used any information as published in this blog.


This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Doreen from my little favourite DIY and Zoe, Bake for Happy Kids, hosted by Diana from Domestic Goddess Wannabe at this post.
 

6 comments:

  1. i think the entire post is cool.. love this set of pictures! ok... now i can have the cake (watch it) and eat it too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your zebra very much....they just looks so neat and tidy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The zebra stripes look perfect!! Definitely a huge fan of healthier recipes like this! That is a lot of sugar though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Charmaine, I like your zebra strips design very nice. I like cake with added yogurt makes taste & texture better. But 4 tsp baking powder seems alot to me. Very tempted to try ^-^!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty cake especially the zebra pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Wow! Your zebra cake look so perfect! I've tried once making zebra cake but quite dissapointed with the end result. Turned out to be overly dence & wet . I'll give your recipe a go soon for my son's birthday. Thanks for sharing this recipe . ;)

    ReplyDelete

May Mimi Bakery House bring some fun & joy to everyone out there, who are as keen in baking as I am.