When you run out of cheese and your daughter is craving for cheesecake, what will you do???
This Light Cheddar Cheesecake was very easy to make and preparation time probably take you just about 20 minutes, and off you sent the cheesecake to the oven for about 50 minutes.
Simple as that...
Moreover, you could just use the cheese slices that we usually use for our bread wrap, be it cheese slices or cheddar slices, you could make a cheesecake out of them.
Very economical I must say, and this recipe is definitely a keeper!!!!
This Light Cheddar Cheesecake had a very light & soft fluffy texture, very similar to the Japanese Cotton Cheesecake.
And mostly importantly, we liked it and we thought it was GREAT. :)
Oops, and as usual, my little baking helper.
Mimi never failed to turn up whenever she hear noises in the kitchen.. :))
Light Cheddar Cheesecake 轻切达芝士蛋糕
(recipe as adapted from 星厨房 )
3 egg yolks 3个蛋黄
3 pieces of cheddar cheese slice 3片切达奶酪
50g fresh milk 50克鲜奶
50g butter 50克奶油
50g plain flour 50克低筋面粉
3 egg whites 3个蛋白
1/4 tsp cream of tar tar 1/4 茶匙塔塔粉
50g sugar 50克糖
1. Using double boil method, melt the butter & cheese together with the milk, until you get a smooth texture. Set aside and let it cool.
2. Add in the egg yolks into the cool cheese mixture, blend well. Add in the sieved flour, and mix until well combined.
3. Whisk the egg whites with the cream of tar tar until foamy, gradually add in the sugar and continue to whisk until stiff peaks.
4. Take 1/3 of the egg white meringue and mix well with the egg yolk mixture, and repeat the step until all egg white meringue is mixed up.
5. Pour the batter into a lined cake pan and water bake in a preheated oven of 150C for about 50 minutes.
6. Open your oven door slightly to allow your cheesecake to cool for about 5 minutes, inside the oven. Remove the cake from the oven & lined paper, allow the cake to cool completely before slicing.